terça-feira, 9 de dezembro de 2008

NO! NO! NO!

It is not normal to me to post something in the middle of the day, but this morning I’ve listened so much insanity that I need to write it down.

I swear that in the next post I will write something technical, but there is so much crazy people around that I need to let it here, before I get mad too.

Here is the situation: there is a web system here, that I will refer as GlubGlub that was audited by a big company, concerning security issues. They raised a lot of point to improve, so far so good (I will not discuss the audit here).

Between the issues there is a point regarding passwords, the site was the normal password field. But it is wrong, it is a big issue hole, although the site uses SSL.

And now the people come with the most incredible ideas to solve a hole that no one tries.

I will use as example banking applications, because I believe that those guys are woried about this kind of issue. At the beginning there is just fields there, but the people were falling in some kind of keyboard recorder. Then they decided to make a virtual keyboard and block typing: problem solved.

I know that it is not 100% safe, but if it is good for the banks it is good to most of us.

The lesson here is: we should look around before starting with solutions that uses things like Javascript that I can disable in the most stupied browser.

I am starting to believe that the microwaves around us are burning our brains.

Nenhum comentário: