sexta-feira, 26 de fevereiro de 2010

Development, music and the 80s

Today is Friday! It is usually a day for going out drinking something, listening some music, having some fun.
It is difficult to find someone that doesn't like this kind of thing, isn't it? I usually develop listening to music, tying to have some fun too (all of this just to say that I listen to music).

Yesterday was thinking about what to write today in the blog, a lot of nice topics end up in my mind, but in the between a match and the other in the Winter Olympic Games I zapped to a channel with a 80's marathon. Everyone that remember the 80's movies knows that they have a lot of music, kind of ridiculous clothes and a lot of teenagers.
But listening to them I notice a lot of similarities with your developer day life, I don't know if it is because the personal computer are a boom from the 80's too or just a trick of the destiny, but it is unbelievable how those music says about your job.

Here I will add parts of some lyrics and you will see (ok not all of them are from the 80s, but come on everything has a beginning)

Customer asking for a new project
I need a hero

He’s gotta be strong
And he’s gotta be fresh from the fight

He’s gotta be sure
And it’s gotta be soon
And he’s gotta be larger than life

Somewhere after midnight

- I need a hero "Bonnie Tyler"



About that last minute change request

Who's gonna tell you when,
It's too late,

You can't go on, thinkin',
Nothings' wrong, but bye

- Driver "The cars"
A ever standing request in the list?
Its my own design
...
I can't stand this indecision
Married with a lack of vision
- Everybody Wants to Rule the World "Tears for fears"
A new incredible "never-ever-though" feature rises
What is it good for
Absolutely nothing
Say it again
...
What is it good for
Absolutely nothing
- War "Edwin Starr"
A good UI interface
More than just blind ambition
More than just simple greed
More than just a finish line
...
Like a streak of lightning
That flashes and fades
...
More than high performance
More than just a spark
More than just the bottom line
...
- Marathon "Rush"
Trying to avoid that 90 degrees change on the project
But it's gonna take money
A whole lotta spending money
Its gonne take plenty of money
To do it right child

Its gonna take time
A whole lot of precious time
Its gonna take patience and time, ummm
To do it, to do it, to do it, to do it, to do it,
To do it right child
...
- Got my mind set on you "George Harrison"


Fell free to send me any nice music that you think represents oour day life. I will try to make this post more often!

Enjoy the day! Enjoy the life!

Nenhum comentário: